HMI: Now Hiring – Vendor & Events Coordinator
From Historic Manassas, Inc –
Salary: $47,476 – $67,476 annually, benefits, PTO
Job Type: Regular Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Overview of the Position
The Vendor and Events Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to plan, propose, organize, execute and promote market-oriented events such as, but not limited to, the twice weekly Farmer’s Market, Weekly Winter Market, Annual Fall Jubilee, and Annual Railway Festival. This includes managing vendor relationships, coordinating setup and tear-down, promoting the markets, operating the SNAP program, answering customer/vendor questions, planning, and executing the market’s special events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare an annual plan and budget for all proposed market events per deadlines set by the organization administration.
• Work with the administration to set earned income goals to contribute to the financial sustainability of the organization.
• Maintain and recruit vendors; increase diversity and number of regularly participating vendors.
• Identify and work with vendors that are ready to move to bricks and mortar storefronts.
• Provide copy and materials to promote the market events including regular updates in the organizations e-newsletter.
• Maintain the Farmers Market social media with weekly posts and videos.
• Maintain accurate financial records for all markets including reconciliation of sales, market token sales, merchandise sales and vendor payments at the end of the market day.
• Collect data and record it in data systems such as, vendor attendance, shopper counts and gross sales. Prepare trends analysis and provide at the end of each season and/or event.
• Assist with promotional and community events.
• Ability to open Visitor Center on weekdays and weekends as necessary
• Shared administrative duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, event planning, tourism; supplemented by three (3) years’ experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for local food, farmers, artists, and craftspeople.
• Spanish language skills a plus.
• Supervisory experience, including volunteer management a plus.
• Experience in event planning; ability to garner support and engage successfully with stakeholders.
• Capable of working and researching independently with limited supervision.
• Capable of adapting to flexible hours during special projects.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
• Strong computer and Internet skills, including Constant Contact, or similar email marketing software.
Historic Manassas, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. HMI is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Since February 1986, HMI has been leading the revitalization and promotion of Historic Downtown Manassas through preservation-based economic development. HMI is a designated Virginia Main Street Community Partner, and an Accredited National Main Street Center Program Member.
Interested applicants must email a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references to Laurel@historicmanassasinc.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Scanning/saving all requested information into one file is highly recommended.
This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.